The Centre has considerable experience partnering and working with businesses and other organistions to promote impact, educational and enjoyable experiences for end users. Many of our academics have extensive links within both the private and public sector. Our open minded approach to potential collaborations has seen the department foster relationships across the globe with businesses both small and large.
Frequently the centre provides:
- Technical support and digital innovation services
- Professional research services
- Funding and grant application management
- Commercial collaboration
- Mass data processing, storage and distribution
- Training and further education
- Talks, seminars and educational workshops
The University of Essex itself has extensive links with the business community, both locally and internationally. Our world class facilities are able to cater to more practical needs and facilitate networking with potential partners.
The University has recently commited to a further 5,500 sq ft of expansion to our office space at Parkside Office Village, will be available from summer 2016, with potential for a further development phase. Parkside, our businness innovation centre, is already home to 20 successful and growing SMEs.
In addition, the university boasts a series of first class faculties for business:
- Join Parkside Office Village, our SME hotspot for innovative small businesses
- A full range of research facilities across our academic departments.
- Four-star corporate hospitality in the restaurant and brasserie of the luxury Wivenhoe House Hotel.
- Event management from meetings to conferences up to 1,000 organised by Event Essex.
- Our on-campus Wivenhoe Park day nursery for childcare, open 8am to 6pm.
- Print Essex offering a full graphic design and print service for corporate promotional materials.
- Our Sports Centre and Evolve gym offering fitness classes and the full range of sports activities.
- Cafes and restaurants serving excellent breakfasts, lunches and dinners, plus three bars.
- A 24-hour mini supermarket, Santander and Lloyd’s Banks, and Post Office.
- Our Lakeside Theatre and Art Exchange gallery with regular performances and exhibitions.
- More than 200 acres of beautiful landscaped Wivenhoe Park to enjoy during a relaxing lunchtime walk.
- Virtual tenancies are also available.